The CEO of Photobucket was certainly happy when he wrote his latest blog post. The title says it all: "Videos working on MySpace again!"
Recently, MySpace blocked the videos from Photobucket because of alleged violations of contractual terms. Basically, it looks like MySpace wanted to get a better cut – and I have a feeling they prevailed on this.
Although, Photobucket has a sophisticated system to allow for filtering of videos. That's not easy to pull off and is something that MySpace needs.
At the same time, MySpace is the gorilla in the social networking space and can throw its weight around (the site has more than 90 million unique users). As seen in this case, the company has shown it will go to the mattresses if it has too.
Yes, this is the fun-loving world of social networking.
Tom Taulli is the author of various books, including the Complete M&A Handbook and the EDGAR-Online Guide to Decoding Financial Statements.
Last updated: May 21, 2013: 06:57 PM
- Will This Solar Stock Get Even Hotter?
- Allstate Declares Fresh Dividend
- VCA Antech, Inc. to Present at Jefferies 2013 Global Healthcare Conference
- Time to Short This Retail Stock?
- TJX Q1 Earnings Rise
- Long Setup in Herbalife Still Attractive; Stock Breaks Out as New Auditor Hired
- Market Wrap for Tuesday, May 21: Stocks Record Modest Gains Ahead of Bernanke Testimony
- Revenue Miss Does Not Deter Investors in Dick's Sporting Goods
- A Docile ETF For The Nat Gas Surge
- Xbox One Announced as Microsoft Takes on Sony's PlayStation 4
- Pinnacle Entertainment promotes Ruisanchez to president
- Ironwood 10.5M share Secondary priced at $13.00
- NPS Pharmaceuticals 6M share Secondary priced at $14.53
- Transcat reports Q4 EPS 24c , one estimate 14c
- Moody's places Carnival's A3 rating on review for possible downgrade
BioHealth Investor Headlines
- Shouldn’t VIVUS Raise Capital Now? (VVUS)
- Can Human Genome Really Double Its Stock Price? (HGSI)
- Alimera Implosion Analysis, What Is Next (ALIM, PSDV)
- Implosion Analysis For Targacept… What Lies Ahead? (TRGT, AZN)
- Rare Analyst Calls With Huge Upside in Vical and VIVUS (VICL, VVUS, BMY)
- When Savvy Dealmaking Borders on Reckless Spending
- Why Mutual Funds Are Such a Rip-Off
- How Ross Stores Can Keep Rising
- Tangoe Announces Expansion of EMEA Operations Fueled by Accelerated Adoption of Mobility Management
- Did Climate Change Cause the Moore Tornado?
Find out why more people track their portfolios on AOL Money & Finance then anywhere else.
More from AOL Money & Finance
- Business News
- Stock Quotes
- Stock Charts
- Debt Management
- Auto Loan
- Small Business
- Tech News
- Stock Ticker
- Stock Brokers
- Resume Builder
- Historical Stock Prices