Paris Hilton, who rose to fame as an heiress, is less than 3% the heiress she could have been. Her grandfather, Hilton Hotels patriarch Barron Hilton is leaving 97% of his $2.3 billion personal fortune to charity, leaving approximately $69 (what an appropriate number!) million available for everyone else, including Paris.
According to the Los Angeles Times, "The contribution to the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation, to come from the sale of Hilton Hotels Corp. and the pending sale of Harrah's Entertainment Inc. after the money is placed in a trust, is the largest in the foundation's history and will bring its value to about $4.5 billion."
But don't feel too bad for Paris. Even if she won't really be much of an heiress, she has already built her own empire based on her grandfather's wealth -- well, that and going to jail and such.
But still, it's refreshing to see Barron Hilton giving his money to people who deserve it. It's hard to imagine anyone less deserving than Paris Hilton, and maybe this will encourage her to stop acting like such a spoiled brat.