Klausner Technology Inc, which has sued several companies for damages and future royalties, has settled the suits and reached an agreement Monday with Apple Inc (NASDAQ: AAPL), eBay Inc (NASDAQ: EBAY) and AT&T Inc (NYSE: T) to license its "visual voicemail" technology that sends visual alerts to computers or mobile telephones when a user has a voice message.
Meanwhile, Barron's Tech Trader Daily gave several analysts' assessments of the upcoming 3G iPhone: At RBC, they're expecting "massive" shipments of the phones in Q4; this was supported by an analyst at Deutsche Bank. The Goldman analyst didn't stop there but said he expects improvements in the iPod and Mac business segments as well.
And while Apple is increasing its global foot print, so is Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ: YHOO). The internet portal company said on Tuesday that its mobile search service will be offered by six more telecom companies in Asia, bringing the total to 60 partnerships with companies reaching 600 million subscribers. A Yahoo! exec said he expects the mobile advertising market to rise to $16.2 billion in 2011 up from $1.5 billion in 2006 where Yahoo! is well poised to get a large share.
But all is not rosy at Yahoo! to say the least, as is evident by the massive loss of talent. The recent is Yahoo's EVP Jeff Weiner. Yahoo's president Sue Decker has apparently emailed employees following his resignation. TechCrunch has the surprisingly cheerful and positive email.
BP Plc (NYSE: BP) said it finally started to commission its Thunder Horse platform in the Gulf of Mexico on June 14 and that the platform would be in continuous production by year-end. The field will produce a maximum of 250,000 barrels per day of oil and 200 million cubic feet per day of natural gas when it reaches peak production. BP owns 75% of Thunder Horse and is the field's operator while Exxon Mobil Corp (NYSE: XOM) owns the remaining 25%.
Adobe Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: ADBE) shares are declining over 3% in premarket trading after it posted a 41% rise in fiscal second-quarter profit on strong sales.
PepsiCo Inc. (NYSE: PEP) affirmed its full-year earnings outlook, but said flooding shuttered its Quaker manufacturing plant in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.