- Goldman upgraded Citigroup (C) to conviction buy from buy, Principal Financial (PFG) to buy from neutral, and Stancorp Financial (SFG) and Hartford Financial (HIG) to neutral from sell.
- JetBlue (JBLU) was upgraded to overweight from neutral at JPMorgan.
- Barclays upgraded Royal Caribbean (RCL) and Carnival (CCL) upgraded to overweight from equal weight.
- Hollysys Automation (HOLI) was upgraded to buy from hold at Roth Capital.
- RBC Capital upgraded Alliance Data Systems (ADS) to outperform from sector perform.
- RRI Energy (RRI) was upgraded to buy from hold at Citigroup.
- FBR Capital downgraded Microsoft (MSFT) and Home Depot (HD) to market perform from outperform.
- Ansys (ANSS) and Athenahealth (ATHN) were downgraded to hold from buy at Jefferies. Athenahealth was also downgraded to sell from hold at Citigroup.
- Applied Signal (APSG) was downgraded to neutral from buy at Merriman.
- JPMorgan downgraded Mentor Graphics (MENT) and Southwest (LUV) to neutral from overweight.
- Weatherford (WFT) was downgraded to neutral from outperform at Credit Suisse.
- Orion Marine (ORN) was downgraded to hold from buy at BB&T.
- Deutsche Bank downgraded IPC The Hospitalist Co. (IPCM) to hold from buy.
- Parexel (PRXL) was downgraded to perform from outperform at Oppenheimer.
- Goldman downgraded Lincoln National (LNC) to neutral from buy and Protective Life (PL) to sell from neutral.
- Calamos (CLMS) was downgraded to neutral from buy at BofA/Merrill.