- DuPont (DD) was upgraded to buy from neutral at Goldman.
- UBS upgraded Deere (DE) to buy from neutral and AGCO (AGCO) to neutral from sell.
- Canadian Solar (CSIQ) was upgraded to outperform from neutral at Macquarie.
- Thoratec (THOR) and DTE Energy (DTE) were upgraded to overweight from equal weight at Barclays.
- NICE Systems (NICE) was upgraded to overweight from neutral at HSBC.
- Deutsche Bank upgraded Copa Holdings (CPA) to buy from hold.
- BofA/Merrill upgraded Nu Skin (NUS) to buy from neutral.
- Continental Resources (CLR) was upgraded to buy from hold at Jefferies.
- Goldman downgraded Eastman Chemical (EMN) to neutral from buy.
- Whole Foods (WFMI) was downgraded to neutral from buy at UBS.
- Citigroup downgraded RRI Energy (RRI) to hold from buy.
- National Grid (NGG) was downgraded to neutral from buy at Nomura.
- EMC (EMC), Quantum (QTM) and Silicon Graphics (SGI) were initiated with buy ratings at Wunderlich.
- Jefferies initiated Deckers Outdoor (DECK) as a buy and Wolverine World Wide (WWW) with a hold rating.
- Targacept (TRGT) and WuXi PharmaTech (WX) were initiated as buys at Deutsche Bank.
- Goldman initiated Manitowoc (MTW) and Complete Production (CPX) at neutral and RPC (RES) at sell.
- ChinaCache (CCIH) was initiated with an outperform rating at Oppenheimer.