Here are some highlights from this past week's earnings coverage from BloggingStocks:
- Adobe Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: ADBE) reported better-than-expected Q1 results due to cost cutting.
- Best Buy Inc. (NYSE: BBY) received several upgrades ahead of its Q4 report on the demise of Circuit City.
- Blockbuster Inc. (NYSE: BBI) crushed analyst's expectations for Q4 as same-store sales rose.
- China Direct Industries Inc. (NASDAQ: CDII) Q4 earnings prospects resulted in an analyst's dowgrade.
- Darden Restaurants Inc. (NYSE: DRI) posted better-than-expected Q3 earnings and lifted its 2009 guidance.
- Energy Conversion Devices Inc. (NASDAQ: ENER) was downgraded after it lowered its guidance.
- FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX) fell short of Q3 earnings and revenue expectations due to economic conditions.